Sunday, May 18, 2014

Field Trip to Scary Territory

 Sometimes if I listen to to the news or read articles long enough, I can get nervous about the state of affairs that this world is in and how that will affect Christians. This is quite likely the reason that I live under a rock as much as  I do. Well, that and the fact that I am constantly cleaning up after animals, but you heard enough about that from me. 

 Scary territory has been the theme for this past week and that is without keeping abreast of the news. 


English: Screenshot of Julie Andrews from the ... First, my son has asked me to help him get back on track and get back into school. He sort of dropped out after a year and a half and thought that was not the path he wanted to take. Now he has changed his mind. I am excited for him because he really wants the education this time around but he is nervous. Actually, I am not really doing anything except encouraging each step he is taking with awesome analogies like "how do you eat an elephant son?" or singing. "Just a spoonful of sugar, helps the medicine go down..." Even more inspiring is my combining the two into songalogies. "Just a spoonful of sugar helps the elephant go down..." 


 Oh yes, I am Proverbs 31 woman - NOT! Her children will arise and call her "beyond help." 

 The ducks were set free into the pond after I sold one of the males. They are very hesitant about their new territory  but at the same time, they are excited about the water. Better to be cautious than curious though. Curiosity killed the rooster...literally. Guess they are probably safer sticking close to their pen than swimming around for my enjoyment. 


 As for myself, I am trying to get into a program to get certified in an area of natural health. After taking this herbalist class, I have just been bursting with excitement to learn more. My transcripts have to go through plus two letters of recommendation and an essay. This has me more nervous than a duck in a new pond. But, this is not the scariest new ground I am about to tread.

 The scariest title goes to opening up to my new church family, some of which I know really well and some that I do not know at all. The dream of being in a church that is founded on the Bible's account of what church is and being an actual Body has been what I have hoped for but now that it is in my grasp, I am a-feared. 

 Pride is the main root of this fear (are you surprised). It is hard to open up to people you do not know very well and share not just prayer requests for others but for your own struggles. Who wants to cry in front of a bunch of people? And I guarantee you I will because God has given me the leakiest eyeballs ever. I want to obey and yet, I do not, not, not, not, not want to be vulnerable. 

 And yet God is so faithful to patiently teach me. These verses were in my studies this week: 
1 Corinthians 12:24-26
But God has so composed the body, giving greater honor to the part that lacked it, that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another. If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.

  Guess what I will be doing Wednesday? Bye, bye rock. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are for people! Spammers and robots are not allowed because they do not have souls. If you have spam links in your comment, it will be deleted.