Sunday, January 27, 2013

Blessings are Gluten-free and Not Processed

 Okay, I'm a slacker. It has been about 2 weeks since my last post. But can you forgive me? I have been going gluten-free. Bye bye wheat, barley, and rye.

  The doctor confirmed that my bio daughter has a gluten allergy. It takes a lot of research to have a child with a gluten allergy. No more going to the grocery store all willy nilly putting whatever I want in the basket. Now, I have to read each and every label like a food stalker. Thankfully there are people who are much more patient that have helped me. One friend has given us the low down on restaurants and places to shop and of course, the internet has been a wealth of information. If you need to be grain-free then go to Against All Grain. She has the most fabulous recipes that taste almost like the original grain recipe.

  At first I was trying to keep grain for the rest of us but it has become too tedious (at least for now) to make different meals and not to cross contaminate. So I am re-learning baking. It is a new season for us.

  Then we said goodbye to our pastor and his family and that was not easy so I will refrain from saying anything else about it at this time. My face is water-logged.

  But all those tears are not overlooked by God. He knows each one. 

Psalm 56:8
"You have kept count of my tossings; put my tears in your bottle. Are they not in your book?"

  May I remain focused on God and His sovereignty over ALL things because in that is hope found. Hope should produce joy even in sadness. When a toilet overflows, what was inside comes out. My life should overflow so that what is inside comes out and I really want it to be joy and not sewage. 

  God has done too much that deserves praise. One, I was taught by a preacher that was deep in the Truth for 4 years. Two, my daughter is feeling better and who really needs grain when you have the Bread of Life? Three, the sun rose and set and it was spectacular. We had food to eat and clothes to keep us warm. My church doors were open and I could sing and praise God all I wanted. God has made me new and given me hope. Come on, who else would have taken in a poor, lying, thieving, manipulating, drinking, drug-using, suicidal, lust addicted person? God did and He gave me all these blessings, not because I had an inkling of good but because He purposed it. So, my only question is, "What will you do next, God? Show me more of Your wonderful glory and how I can serve You."

Psalm 56:10-13
"In God, whose word I praise, in the Lord, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can man do to me?
 I must perform my vows to you, O God; I will render thank offerings to you. For you have delivered my soul from death, yes, my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of life."

Isn't it amazing that God's blessings fit perfectly, come at the perfect time, and completely refresh you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are for people! Spammers and robots are not allowed because they do not have souls. If you have spam links in your comment, it will be deleted.