Monday, June 23, 2014

Faking It

  If you have read this blog with any kind of regularity, you know that there is not much time that passes in between my struggles. Sometimes they are minute and even bordering on ridiculous and sometimes they are legit 5 alarm-ers. Most of the time the struggles are the normal run-of-the-mill type issues - dinner gets ruined the night other people are eating with us, my teenager dislikes me, everything I touch breaks, my mind is clearly convinced that I am a failure at all things...Okay, so my run-of-the-mill issues may not be standard issue for the general population, but surely, most of you have gone through self-checkout and the touch screen gets a microscopic drop of water on it and starts resetting itself to the loudest volume in Spanish right in the middle of you ringing up your groceries. Anyone? 

 Most days to combat this I focus on Scripture that reminds me God is sovereign and therefore I can rest assured that He is using everything for His purpose. Yes, even the computer screaming at me in Espanol during the quietest time of the day accomplished something. I am sure it has to do with my sanctification and forcing me to socialize in the most awkward situations. Instead of screaming "Pagar this" as I beat the screen with the celery stalk that flung the water onto the screen, I have to stop and think, "what is the best way to handle this situation that glorifies God." Don't get me wrong, I do not always come up with the best answer but I guarantee you the lesson that there still exists in me pockets of pride and anger that need Christ is not lost. 

 A few days spring up that I try to fake it. This includes a pep talk session before even getting out of bed about how I have everything under control. Those are miserable days. Truly, delusion must engage itself during the hours when one is asleep, forming play-by-play schemes during periods of dreaming so that it can gather demented fodder. Upon awakening, you sort of recognize the ideas and just grab them up as a valid plan of action. Anyone? 

 God is definitely long-suffering but it pains me to think that I am a fool at such a high expense. The longer one walks with the God, the more one realizes the cost of such trespasses. Faking is better left for the stage or even better for turning an unhealthy favorite into something much more nutritious. So, let me give you some wisdom and a recipe. Do not fake life. Each moment is better lived in Truth that God is in control and you are not. You will fail and fall and cause public technology  mishaps but find ways to show God's grace, to spread the Gospel, and to praise God. Ask every moment, "How can I live out the Gospel?"

 Now let me give you an outlet for faking it. Faking desserts for the sake of nutrition is, I believe, a safe place. My hubby LOVES desserts and never fails to ask what is for dessert as soon as he comes home. Let me assure you that I do NOT make dessert every day but when I do, it is always something counterfeited. Take for instance French Silk Pie. I did a nutritional revamping on a recipe and quietly passed it off to my father and step-mother as well as my family, so let me share it with you in case you feel like faking it. Just remember it is still an indulgence with cream and calories:

 Faux Silk Pie
  • 2/3 cup coconut palm sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 avocado, ripe, peeled, pit removed
  • 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
  • 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
  • 1 Tbsp. raw cacao powder 
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 Tbsp. butter, softened or coconut oil
  • 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 2 tsp. steviaCrust
  • 1-1/2 c. almond flour or raw almonds blended until fine
  • 1/3 c. coconut palm sugar
  • 6 Tbsp. butter, softened or coconut oil
  • Prepare crust by mixing almond flour, palm sugar, & butter together then press into a pie pan or springform pan. Set aside.
  • Combine palm sugar and egg in small pot over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat. Stir in chocolate, cacao, and vanilla. Set aside to cool.
  • In a blender or food processor, blend avocado until smooth. Add in chocolate mix and mix until well blended. 
  • In a medium bowl, whip cream until thick with Stevia. Slowly fold in avocado chocolate mixture. Once mixed, spread over crust and refrigerate several hours. 
  • Serve with whipped cream made with Stevia or coconut palm sugar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are for people! Spammers and robots are not allowed because they do not have souls. If you have spam links in your comment, it will be deleted.