Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Loveseat not Self


  Guess what? 

  I finished redoing  the love seat/settee. 

  Yeh.

  Sure I was excited and then something happened. Myself got in the way and all the excitement and pride of it deflated like a balloon with a not-too-slow but not-fast leak. The anti-climatic type leak where the balloon just shrivels but then looks like an old dried up pear. 

 Earthly things have a tendency to do that - momentarily satisfying and then you are left feeling empty. Maybe it is just me. I am quirky...or is it glitchy???
Either way, I know I am getting too distracted by what I am doing when I let it sink me into a funk. Something may seem to be going really well and then when I am done, I second guess my work and get embarrassed about it. Then I want to hide it. 

 Ahhh pride, it's a nasty little biting booger but it is such a good gauge of what you are holding too tightly. When you start putting what you do or your value in what something looks like, then you are guaranteed to suffer a fall. 

  God is good to bring us out of the muck and mire if we have not dulled our senses to Truth. The problem is we tend to take the fall and then with our ego bruised, we limp along huffing and grumbling or we play the martyr and wallow in the suffering. Been there, done that, got the muck and mire stains. 

 Soooo...what am I going to do to grow from this? Well, my tried and true remedy is to talk to Truth to myself. When I am really wearing myself down, I list off what I know to be True starting from the beginning of time. 

 "God always existed. God created all things. God made us in His image. God gave us everything we need including commandments to live by...."

 I just go on and on until I cannot remember what silly minutia I was dwelling on. It is hard to be self-focused when you redirect your thoughts to God and He is so gracious to move us from the traps we get ourselves into each day...or each hour. 

  So, here's the pic and I am not thinking twice about it. 

BEFORE 

AFTER - Patsy Recline the Settee
 "...and God gave His Son to save a wretch like me. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are for people! Spammers and robots are not allowed because they do not have souls. If you have spam links in your comment, it will be deleted.